BANSKO IN THE SUMMER
Surrounded by three majestic mountains Bansko is a special picturesque place for summer and winter tourism.
At an altitude of 950 m, the summer is cool and green with a constant fresh breeze from the mountains and Predela, and the winter is sunny and quiet with heavy snow from December to April.
Throughout the city and on the renovated Gotse Delchev Street there are fountains with delicious water, constantly flowing cool streams and ancient rollers. Bansko is dotted with many playgrounds, tennis courts and sports fields for games and cycling.
You can visit the mineral baths and beaches in Dobrinishte and Banya and in both villages the churches are interesting. The narrow-gauge railway Dobrinishte - Septemvri passes through picturesque places and from Bansko it is used as an attraction by Bulgarians and foreigners.
In the vicinity of Bansko you will make day trips to:
- Horse bases around the village of Bachevo to go horseback riding on the meadows breathing thyme, lavender and mountain herbs 9 km from Bansko.
- The park of dancing bears near Belitsa, 30 km. and Rila Fun Park.
- Dobarsko, 17 km. with the church of St. St. Theodore Tyrone and Theodore Stratilat with the mysterious preserved frescoes, the waterfall of the river. On your return trip, be sure to visit Deshka Guest House, where you will cook, sing and dance dressed in authentic local costumes.
- Near Ognyanovo with the hot mineral springs you will visit Kovachevitsa and Leshten 56 km., Preserved and restored villages in the Rhodopes, as well as Eco village Omaya 70 km.
- Above Gotse Delchev the exotic but lively village of Delchevo, about 60 km. from Bansko.
- Hadjidimovski Monastery St. Martyr George the Victorious with an interesting authentic icon and a mini zoo at the monastery - 1 hour from Bansko.
- Rozhen Monastery and Melnik combination of wine with history, architecture and sand pyramids - 104 km.
- The rupees of the temple of Vanga and the archeological complex of Heraclea Sintica in the valley of middle Struma - 100 km.
- Rila Monastery St. Ivan Rilski, the world's largest monastery, one of the hundred national sites and on the UNESCO list - 94 km. The two prominent writers from Bansko, Paisii Hilendarski and Neofit Rilski, worked there. Be sure to visit the museum and the ossuary of the monastery.